1. Your Privacy
At Burns Express Freight Ltd we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us.
2. The Information we collect
• If you contact us via our contact form or by email or by post we may keep a record of that correspondence including your name, address & email address
• Information requested on our credit application form including name, address. contact details, telephone numbers, email addresses, trading address, company registration number, company officers details, bank information and trade references
• Information as detailed on any other online form
• Any Information provided to us to quote for business
3. How we use that information
• For the purposes of verifying identity, financial standing, fraud protection & debt collection
• To allow us to offer a credit account
• To provide you with information and services that you may request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. No marketing emails will be sent if we have not received consent and any such consent may be withdrawn at any time by contacting us.
• To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
• To notify you of any changes to our service or functionality issues with our website, customer portals or systems
• We do not currently make decisions based solely on automated electronic systems.
4. Who will we share this information with and for what purpose
• Credit reference agencies for the purposes of verifying identity, financial standing, fraud protection and to allow us to make a decision on opening a credit account
• Debt Collection agencies/legal entities in the event of non- payment of account
• Our IT service providers/cloud providers in the event of any technical issue and for data storage
• Various appropriate staff within the company to assist with your enquiry
• Delivery partners to assist with providing the service requested. Limited information only is passed on.
• Any law enforcement agency if required to do so
5. How is the data processed and stored
• All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information may be located on servers within the European Economic Union (EEA). By submitting your information to us you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. No third parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
• A Data Protection regime is in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of data.
6. How long will data be held
• Data will be held as long as your account is open and in use and for a period of 6 months after the last fully completed transaction or when the account is requested to be closed (Whichever is earlier). We confirm we will not hold on to any unnecessary data or retain data longer than is necessary.
• Exceptions are if we bring or defend a legal claim. Data will be held until those proceedings have been concluded and no further appeal is possible or if the law requires us to retain or delete the data for a longer or shorter period.
7. What are your rights
• You may request to see what information is held by us and have it corrected or deleted completely if you so wish. An admin fee may be charged for this. If you wish to raise such a request or if you wish to raise a complaint about the way your data has been handled please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Protecting your information
• We are committed to the security of our customers’ information and personal data and take precautions to protect this as far as possible. However the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore cannot fully guarantee the security of any data transmitted in this way and any data transmitted is at your own risk. Where you have been given (or you have chosen) a password which enables you to logon to our customer portals you are responsible for keeping this secure.
• Any security breaches will be investigated & reported to the regulator under the terms of current law.
• We do not, to the extent permitted by law, accept responsibility for any liability resulting from any security breaches which may occur.
9. Changes to this privacy notice
The burnsexpress.co.uk site contains links to third party sites. This privacy statement does not apply to these sites and burnsexpress.co.uk is not responsible for the privacy practice or the contents of these third party sites.
If you are aged 18 or under please ask a parent or guardian for their permission to provide us with your contact information.